Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chattanooga Market Visitors

Last Sunday, October 12th, some people I used to work with came by the Chattanooga Market. While I don't miss the Corporate world one iota, I do miss my comrades from the trenches. More times than not, it was the clever remarks, jokes, and general frustration-sharing that made it all bearable.

Paul and Dan work in R&D/Product Development. Dan is based in Chattanooga, but Paul works in the tech center in Chicago. I hadn't seen him in quite a while. (Paul on the left, Dan on the right)

Libby, who works in accounting, had a new camera and was capturing the moments! "A leetle snap-happy with the new camera, no?" She was still learning about what it would do, but still took some great pictures of everyone. There was a little hiccup in downloading them, but that was cleared up in no time. The more she uses it the easier it will get. I know that from experience!

There were pics we didn't even know she had taken of us toiling away (yeah, right!). She was sneaky!


However, she wasn't as thrilled to have the camera turned on her!! She tried to scoot away, but I caught her - with my cell phone camera!


Dane and his lady friend Meg were there, too. Dane is a pretty regular visitor to the Market. Currently, he works in payroll, but has worked in production, quality and environmental. At one point he was the president of the LEPC for Hamilton County (way to go, Dane!). He always stops by every time he's there. Aren't they a good looking couple? I've got my fingers crossed!


Bree and her friend Mary came by as well, but managed to dodge the snap-happy Libby.

It was really great to see everyone. When you work together for so long, and survived some of the rough times, it's like family. I hope they are able to come back for Oktoberfest on October 25th and 26th and bring others with them! I always like seeing my peeps!!

1 comment:

Tina Sams said...

I'm glad you got to see some buds :-). Is that beer at your market? Wow!